Legalcity is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your data. Our goal is to help you in all your legal and administrative procedures while respecting your confidentiality and the commitments we have made in our three main principles on data protection.
The 2 main principles:
Your data belongs to you:
Your data does not belong to us. All forms entered, but also your personal documents, contracts, invoices uploaded on Legalcity do not change the ownership and copyright status of the content in question. If the data originally belonged to you, it continues to belong to you once you have placed it on Legalcity.
By using our products, you authorize Legalcity to perform certain actions with your data in order to operate our service. For example, you authorize us to save it, send it over a network, index it so you can search it later, display it on your various devices, etc. Some of these operations may require us to send your data to our regular business partners (such as our network operator) to whom we have entrusted the execution of part of the Legalcity service. We always make sure that our contracts with these partners protect your property rights beforehand.
Other than allowing us to perform these limited operations to operate the Legalcity service, you retain all rights with respect to your data.
Your data is protected:
Everything you save in your Legalcity account is private by default. We are not trying to make money from your content. We do not intend to resell your data. Our systems analyze your data automatically in order to make Legalcity's features work.
Our business model is traditional: we only make money when you decide to pay us for one of our services (listed in our terms and conditions). This means that trust is our main asset, and respecting your privacy is fundamental to us.
In addition, we take precautions to protect your data from accidental loss and theft. Everything you place in a Legalcity user account is stored in our secure data center. All communications between Legalcity customers and servers (and between our various data centers) are encrypted. We provide industry-leading security technologies to all our users and continually invest in improving data protection. We take great care to protect your password and no one at Legalcity will ever ask you for it.
Please note that if you use the following services: Collection Service, Business Formation/Modification Service or Legal Information and Documentation Service you are both an Account Holder and an End User of a Legalcity service account.
What information does Legalcity collect?
We have designed Legalcity to provide you with simple and practical solutions to help you manage legal and administrative issues so that you can focus on your business.
- Account Creation: To open your account and process your payments, we collect and receive basic information, such as your first and last name, email address, billing address and other payment information.
- Debt collection: To submit a debt collection file to us, we will ask you to enter the details of your company, the name and position of its legal representative, the details of your debtor and the amount of your debt.
- Company creation: To submit a company creation file, we will ask you to enter the personal details of each partner such as name, date and place of birth, home address.
- Legal Information Service: To take advantage of the legal information service, we will collect your basic information: Last Name, First Name, email address, phone number and mailing address.
- Joining our Newsletter: When creating your Account, you can give your prior consent to receive our newsletters about new products, services and promotions.
- Usage Data: We collect and store data about how you access and use Legalcity, such as entering a form. You may wish to complete a form at a later time. Usage data may be collected through cookies and other similar technologies. For more information, including how to opt out, please see our Cookie Information page.
- Location Information: We collect the IP address you use to connect to the Service and - if you choose to share it - your location information from a mobile device.
- Device Information: We collect information about the number and type of devices you use to connect to the Service, as well as the operating systems of those devices (e.g., iOS, Android, Windows. To learn more about the information our applications collect about your device, see our page: Data Usage.
How does Legalcity use my information?
We have specific rules about how and when we use the information we collect and receive.
What does Legalcity do with my information?
We are committed to protecting the privacy of your information. We describe below the ways in which we use the information we collect and receive to provide, maintain and improve the Service; troubleshoot problems and provide customer support; protect the Service for all of our users; contact you; and administer user accounts.
- We use your information for the strict purpose of providing you with the service for which you have subscribed to one of our offers.
- In order to resolve issues and provide customer support, our Customer Support team may need access to your information, such as your account email address and information about the Legalcity service you use, subject to the protections described above.
How does Legalcity share my information?
Legalcity does not intend to sell or rent your information. Here are the circumstances in which we may disclose your information:
We share your information with our partners who provide legal information and documentation services that you may subscribe to on our site.
We share your information with Service Providers who process data on our behalf, including credit card processing services and customer management systems. These Service Providers help us to, among other things:
- Operate, develop and improve the functionality of the Service
- Process your payment transactions
- Respond to your sales and support requests
- Communicate with you as outlined in this policy
We do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
How does Legalcity respond to legal requests for my information?
We carefully protect the privacy of your account. We will not disclose your information to law enforcement or other government authorities unless we believe it is necessary to respond to warrants, court orders, subpoenas or other lawful government requests.
We take a restrictive view of all requests for information and will only disclose Content from your account that is mandated by the government or for which you have given your explicit consent.
We will send you notice if we believe we are obligated to respond to a legitimate third party request for information, and we routinely oppose government orders to delay user notification when we believe they are too non-specific.
In addition, in rare cases, we may share your information if it is necessary to investigate or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats to persons, property or systems on which we operate the Service, or if it is necessary to meet our legal obligations.
How can I manage my information stored in Legalcity?
In accordance with our first principle of data protection, your data belongs to you. In most cases, you can manage your information simply by logging into your account and editing it directly in your Legalcity account.
However, if you prefer, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correction of, or update or deletion of your personal information. Please note that we may require you to prove that you are the account holder and/or prove your identity before granting your request. We will respond to such requests to the extent required by applicable law or the EU-US Privacy Shield and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield.
How long does Legalcity store my data?
Legalcity's mission is to help you accomplish administrative and legal formalities as well as a number of management tasks such as debt collection. For this, we make the content you save in your account available to you, until you decide to delete it.
What happens if I want to stop using Legalcity?
As noted above, you may delete your Content and stop using the Legalcity service at any time.
What happens if Legalcity closes my account?
If Legalcity deactivates your account due to a violation of the Terms of Service, you may contact us to request the removal of your Content. We will evaluate such requests on a case-by-case basis in accordance with our legal obligations.
Where does Legalcity store my information?
When you use the Legalcity service in SaaS mode, the data is stored and replicated on servers managed in France by OVH.
Which company is responsible for processing my data?
How can I contact Legalcity?
113 rue de la République
Cookies are small data files that a Web site you visit can store on your hard drive. They usually include an anonymous unique identifier. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive, nor can it transmit a virus.
What cookies and similar technologies are used by Legalcity?
In this document we describe the cookies and similar technologies that the user may find in our service. Please check back periodically as this information may be updated periodically.
You may disable these functional cookies as described below. However, if you do so, some features of the Service may no longer be available or may not function as intended.
- Google Analytics. To learn more about Google Analytics and your privacy, visit "How Google uses certain data collected when you use our partners' sites or applications" at google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.If you no longer wish to be tracked by Google Analytics when you use our website, go to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Social Media Features
Our website, and in particular our blog and video area, uses social networking features (Social Features) provided by companies and services such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn to allow you to share information through these channels. Social Features are identified on our website by the respective logos of these companies. These cookies are owned and controlled by third parties, and therefore they, not Legalcity, are responsible for their use. In this context, we cannot guarantee that we have listed all the cookies you may obtain from third parties, as they may change their cookies at any time according to their changing needs.
When you visit a page on the Legalcity website that contains Social Features, your browser establishes a direct connection with the servers of the applicable social network. Social Features provide social networks with information about the pages you access on the Legalcity website, and, if you are logged into the social network, your visit may be linked to your account on that service. For example, if you click on the Facebook "Like" button, this information is transmitted from your browser directly to Facebook and stored by Facebook. Even if you are not connected to a social network and have not clicked on a Social Feature on Legalcity's site, it is still possible that a Social Feature may transmit your IP address and cookie information to the social network operator. We will not transmit information about your account content to these social networks.
- Facebook: https: //www.facebook.com/about/privacy
- Google+ and YouTube: http: //www.google.com/policies/privacy
- Twitter: http: //twitter.com/privacy
- LinkedIn: http: //www.linkedin.com/static?key=privacy_policy
How do I disable cookies or similar technologies?
If you do not wish to receive tracking pixels in the emails we send you, you will need to disable HTML images in your email client, but this action may prevent the images from displaying properly in other emails you receive.
To learn more about how you can control your cookie settings and advertising options, you can visit the following resources: